A38 Cycle safety schemes 2013
- Introduce cycle symbols at the roundabout entrances
- Introduce hatching to reduce the carriageway to single lane entry on to the roundabout
Click here to view a plan of the Northville Rd Roundabout proposals.
- To convert the existing pedestrian (Puffin) crossing where the ring road meets Filton roundabout to a shared cycle / pedestrian Toucan crossing. Click here to view a plan of this proposal.
- To convert the eastern footway into a shared cycle/ pedestrian path. This path will start at the side access into the Shield retail park by the Snow and Rock shop and run southwards to the proposed ring road Toucan crossing. It will then continue south to the bus lane just south of Filton Police station. Click here to view a plan of this proposal.
- Modifications to the road markings on the A38 northbound approach to reduce the crossing distance of the junction and to stop vehicles blocking the path through the junction. Click here to view a plan of this proposal.
- Provide a 1.5 metre wide cycle lane along the side of the carriageway to allow cyclists to pass the traffic island without having to rejoin the flow of traffic.
- Infill the existing cycle lane with a green coloured surfacing which will help to highlight the cycle lane and will be a reminder to drivers to double check for cyclists before crossing it.
Click here to view a plan of the A38 / Filton Avenue proposals
Install vehicle activated signs on both the northbound and southbound slip lane entries. The signs will be triangular cyclist warning signs, designed to make cars aware of oncoming cyclists. These will be triggered by cyclists on the A38 approaching the ends of the slip roads.
Give cyclists on the A38 the opportunity of crossing the slip roads via a cut-through before the point where the slip road traffic merges with the A38 traffic.
Click here to view a plan of the A38 Patchway northbound slip road proposals.
Click here to view a plan of the A38 Patchway southbound slip road proposals.
You can also respond in writing by returning your comments to the address below.
This consultation has now closed, feedback on the consultation is now available.
28 Jun 2013 at 00:00
29 Jul 2013 at 23:59
20 Aug 2013
Summary of Results
Report on the consultation
A report on the consultation responses
Statement of Reasons
A statement of reasons describing the schemes and why they are being proposed.
T001-286-01 Rev A Northville Rd Roundabout.pdf
A plan showing the proposals at A38 / Northville Rd / Braemar Av Roundabout
T001-286-02-01 Rev A Filton Roundabout.pdf
A plan of the proposals at Filton Roundabout.
T001-286-02-02 Rev A Filton Rbt A38 SB shared use path.pdf
A plan of the proposed shared use path running to the south of Filton roundabout.
T001-286-03 Rev B FIlton Ave.pdf
A plan of the proposals on the A38 around the Filton Avenue Junction
T001-286-04 Rev A A38 SB slip.pdf
A plan of the proposals at the A38 Patchway southbound slip road.
T001-286-05 Rev A A38 NB slip.pdf
A plan of the proposals at the A38 Patchway northbound slip road.
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
If you have any questions or would like to make any comments, please contact:
Tel: 01454 868004
Fax: 01454 863757
either email: email@example.com
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org