A38 North of Falfield - Speed Limit Reduction
A report summarising a Review of Speed Limits on A and B roads in South Glos in 2010 recommended changes to the speed limit on a number of roads including this section of the A38. Recent speed monitoring recorded average speeds of 42.4mph, which supports the introduction of a 40mph speed limit.
Funding has been secured for this scheme in the 2018-19 Capital Programme.
The purpose of the scheme is to introduce a realistic speed limit for the A38 between Falfield and Stone.
The proposed scheme is to reduce the speed limit from the national speed limit (60 mph) to 40 mph on the A38 Bristol Road between the existing 40mph speed limits at Stone and Falfield, a distance of less than 1km. It would result in fewer changes in speed limit along the A38.
- Please see the consultation documents/drawings for more information.
- The drawings showing the proposals are available in the consultation documents section below.
To tell us your views you can: Respond to the Questionnaire
Responses to the consultation will not be accepted in any other format.
Please view both the Statement of Reasons and the Proposal Drawing before answering the questionnaire.
- We advise that you login/register for an account before completing the online questionnaire.
- If you have registered an account/logged in, and you have completed the online questionnaire you will receive an email confirming that we have received your response. The email will contain a link so that you can go back and view or edit the response you have submitted. Once the consultation closes you will not be able to edit your response, but you will still be able to view it.
- If you have chosen not to register an account then you will not receive any confirmation when you submit your response.
- If you do not have an account you will not receive any information on whether we have received your response, you will not be able to edit your response either.
Responses are only accepted in the form of the questionnaire, however if you have any questions you can email the address provided below:
Email: Transport Services
- Please note that any email correspondence received will not be considered as a response to the consultation and will not be included in the results published in the feedback report.
- If you have already completed the questionnaire please state your response ID (which can be found by following the ‘View / Update your response’ link in the email you received once you have completed the questionnaire. The response ID will look something like this:- #600000)
- Please note you will only receive an email if you have logged in/registered an account. If you do not have an account please provide the date and time you completed the questionnaire.
The closing date for comments is the 11th February 2019
This consultation has now closed and we are analysing the results.
21 Jan 2019 at 00:00
11 Feb 2019 at 23:59
Response to be published
11 Mar 2019
|Consultation Topic||Local highways and transportation projects|
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme, please contact:
South Gloucestershire Council,
Tel: 01454 868004