YATE - Brimsham Green School Footway, Broad Lane
Funding has been made available to install a footway on the verge of the lay-by at the front of Brimsham Green School (BGS). Concerns have been raised by parents of Primary School Children attending North Road Primary School and walking from the Brimsham Park area about the difficulty they have in walking across the frontage of BGS due to lack of footway.
Purpose of the scheme
Implement new footway that will connect the two existing footways to the east and west of BGS. This is to allow pedestrians the ability to walk across the school frontage. The footway will also give pedestrians a safe crossing points where they can get to other footways, for example to get to the public footway at the end of Broad Lane. Motorists that park in the lay-by will also benefit from the proposed footway.
The proposed scheme consists of a 2m wide footway along the entire length of the back of the lay-by. To allow the 2m wide footway, the lay-by will have to be narrowed slightly but it will allow school parking and sufficient space for the same number of vehicles Dropped crossings across the entrance and exit to the school will be also installed as part of the works, including a small build-out at the exit to the school and some alteration to the kerb line.
- Please see the consultation documents/drawings for more information.
- The drawings showing the proposals are available in the consultation documents section below.
To tell us your views you can: Respond to Questionnaire
Responses to the consultation will not be accepted in any other format.
Please view both the Statement of Reasons and the Proposal Drawing(s) before answering the questionnaire.
- We advise that you login/register for an account before completing the online questionnaire.
- If you have registered an account/logged in, and you have completed the online questionnaire you will receive an email confirming that we have received your response. The email will contain a link so that you can go back and view or edit the response you have submitted. Once the consultation closes you will not be able to edit your response, but you will still be able to view it.
- If you have chosen not to register an account then you will not receive any confirmation when you submit your response.
- If you do not have an account you will not receive any information on whether we have received your response, you will not be able to edit your response either.
Responses are only accepted in the form of the questionnaire, however if you have any questions you can email the address provided below:
Email: Transport Services
- Please note that any email correspondence received will not be considered as a response to the consultation and will not be included in the results published in the feedback report.
- If you have already completed the questionnaire please state your response ID (which can be found by following the ‘View / Update your response’ link in the email you received once you have completed the questionnaire. The response ID will look something like this:- #600000)
- Please note you will only receive an email if you have logged in/registered an account. If you do not have an account please provide the date and time you completed the questionnaire.
This consultation has now closed, feedback on the consultation is now available.
8 Jul 2019 at 00:00
29 Jul 2019 at 23:59
02 Sep 2019
Summary of Results
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme, please contact:
South Gloucestershire Council,
Tel: 01454 868004