Cribbs Causeway/Patchway New Neighbourhood Draft Supplementary Planning Document - January 2014 (Consultation Closed)
Summer Update - Adoption
The Cribbs/ Patchway New Neighbourhood Development Framework SPD was adopted by the Council on 26 March 2014.
Cribbs/Patchway New Neighbourhood
Supplementary Planning Document - Pre-adoption draft - January 2014
Public consultation in accordance with Regulations 12 & 13 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 and Regulation 13 of the Environmental Assessment of Plans & Programmes Regulations 2004
The Council’s Core Strategy, was subject to independent examination in 2012 and adopted in December 2013. It identifies land at Cribbs Causeway/Patchway for mixed-use development and to help deliver its strategic housing and employment needs up to 2027.
The Cribbs/Patchway New Neighbourhood Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) shows in more detail how the Council considers the Core Strategy allocation for 5,700 dwellings, around 50 hectares of employment land, open spaces and supporting infrastructure should be developed.
The Council consulted on preliminary drafts of the SPD in the Autumn 2011, and again in June and October 2013. The Council is now consulting on a revised draft with a view to its adoption and your comments are invited.
Consultation will be between Monday 20th January and Friday 28th February 2014.
Comments received will be considered by the Council in deciding whether to adopt the SPD, with or without further amendment. That decision is expected to be made in March 2014.
Once adopted, the Supplementary Planning Document will set out the principles and objectives for the area that the Council will use in determining any planning applications for the New Neighbourhood, and will identify the infrastructure required to support the needs of the new communities living there.
Documents and information on how to comment are available below:
- Cribbs Patchway New Neighbourhood SPD - pre-adoption version
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Equalities Impact Assessment
- Comment form (word / PDF)
More general supporting information about the new neighbourhood can be viewed at www.southglos.gov.uk/cribbspatchwaynn.
Four exhibitions will summarise the draft SPD. These are on:
- 28th January 3.00 - 7.00 p.m. at Clifton Rugby Club, Station Road, Cribbs Causeway, BS10 7TT
- 29th January 3.00 - 7.00 p.m. at Greenway Centre, Doncaster Road, Southmead, Bristol, BS10 5PY
- 4th February – 6.00 -9.00 p.m. at BAWA, 589 Southmead Road, Bristol, BS34 7RG
- 6th February – 3.00 – 7.00 p.m. at Coniston Community Centre,Patchway, BS34 5LP
Viewing hard copies of the documents
At one stop shops
As well as being published at the web address given above and available to view at the exhibitions, paper copies of the SPD, the accompanying Sustainability Appraisal Report and other supporting documents are available for inspection, at the Council’s One-Stop Shops:
- Thornbury, Library,St Mary Street, Thornbury, BS35 2AA
- Yate,Kennedy Way, BS37 4DQ (access via West Walk)
- Kingswood Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood, BS15 9TR
- Patchway Hub, Rodway Road, Patchway, BS34 5PE
(Opening hours are 8.45am - 5pm Mondays to Wednesdays and 8.45am - 4.30pm Thursdays and Fridays)
The documents are also available to view at the followingSouth Gloucestershirelibraries:
- Bradley Stoke Library, Fiddlers Wood Lane, Bradley Stoke, BS32 9BS
- Winterbourne Library, Flaxpits Lane, Winterbourne, BS36 1LA
- Patchway Library, Patchway Hub, Rodway Road, Patchway, BS34 5DQ
- Filton Library, Shield Road Retail Park, Link Road, Filton, BS34 7BR
(For opening times please refer to www.southglos.gov.uk).
Documents will also be sent to Henbury and Southmead libraries within Bristol.
Comments in response to the SPD should be made in writing and sent either
- by email to: email@example.com or
- by letter to: Major Sites Team, PO Box 299, Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood, BRISTOL, BS15 0DR
Please ensure that the Council receives any comments by or on Friday 28th February 2014.
Comments can be accompanied by a request to be notified of the adoption of the SPD. Please note that comments received, including personal details, cannot be kept confidential.
If you make a comment, from time to time we may contact you to seek your views about other planning consultations and projects. Periodically, you may also be invited to give us your views about our service.
If you require further information or assistance, please contact the Major Sites Team on 01454 863648 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Sites Team
South Gloucestershire Council
This consultation has now closed and we are analysing the results, which will be published here in due course.
20 Jan 2014 at 00:00
28 Feb 2014 at 23:59
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.