Downend High Street - proposal to install CCTV
Due to higher levels of Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) around Downend High Street and the surrounding areas over the last 4 years, Downend Parish Council would like to look at CCTV as a tool for tackling the issue. Before making a final decision, South Gloucestershire Council is keen to hear from local businesses and residents on how they feel about the proposal.
In order to ensure the CCTV system is compatible with the wider Community Safety system, we would install an Internet Protocol CCTV system (digital cameras which send their information via the internet) using 3 Pan-Tilt-Zoom cameras (capable of remote directional and zoom control), at key locations along the main High Street, as shown by the red and white dots in the map below. The images from each camera would be transmitted to the Bristol Operations Centre for monitoring purposes.
The total installation cost is approximately £30,000 (paid for by Downend & Bromley Heath Parish Council) with ongoing costs of approximately £10,000 per annum (funded by South Gloucestershire Council)
The public consultation is open from Friday 7th February until 27th March 2020
Following the consultation, a decision is likely to be made in the summer of 2020, and if the council agrees to the proposal, CCTV installation would likely happen around autumn 2020
How to find out more and have your say:
- You can view and download the consultation document to find out more about the reasons behind the proposal and how it would work
- Read the Community Safety CCTV Privacy Impact Assessment
- Read the South Gloucestershire CCTV Equality Impact Assessment
- Complete the online survey or download a PDF version to print, fill out and post to us
- Download or print a copy of the map showing where the CCTV would be located
- Email us: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01454 868154
- Attend the drop in event where we will present the plans and ask for feedback: Monday 9th March 15:30 - 18:30
Downend Folk House Association, Page Room – Ground Floor
7 Feb 2020 at 13:00
27 Mar 2020 at 23:59
Copy of the survey to download, print and post to us
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.