EASTER COMPTON & PILNING - Proposed Speed Limit Reduction and Traffic Calming
Concerns have been raised by members of the public, Parish Councils and local Councillors regarding traffic speeds on the B4055 in Easter Compton, Pilning and in between the two villages. Concerns have also been raised about the anticipated increase in volume of through traffic upon completion of the new M49 junction.
Capital funding has been secured to provide 2 speed tables in Easter Compton. In addition, developer funding is available for a 20mph zone with further traffic calming in Easter Compton, a 20mph zone with traffic calming in Pilning and a reduction in the speed limit between the villages from 50mph down to 40mph.
Purpose of Scheme
To reduce traffic speeds in and between Easter Compton and Pilning.
Proposed of Scheme
To introduce a 20mph Zone in Easter Compton and Pilning.
To install 5 speed tables in Easter Compton.
To install 3 speed tables and 2 sets of speed cushions in Pilning.
To reduce the 50mph speed limit between Easter Compton and Pilning to 40mph.
The drawings showing the proposals are available in the consultation documents section below.
To tell us your views you can: Respond to the questionnaire
Responses to the consultation will not be accepted in any other format.
Please view both the Statement of Reasons and the Proposal Drawings before answering the questionnaire.
- We advise that you login/register for an account before completing the online questionnaire.
- If you have registered an account/logged in, and you have completed the online questionnaire you will receive an email confirming that we have received your response. The email will contain a link so that you can go back and view or edit the response you have submitted. Once the consultation closes you will not be able to edit your response, but you will still be able to view it.
- If you have chosen not to register an account then you will not receive any confirmation when you submit your response.
- If you do not have an account you will not receive any information on whether we have received your response, you will not be able to edit your response either.
Responses are only accepted in the form of the questionnaire, however if you have any questions you can email the addresse provided below:
Email: Transport Services
- Please note that any email correspondence received will not be considered as a response to the consultation and will not be included in the results published in the feedback report.
- If you have already completed the questionnaire please state your response ID (which can be found by following the ‘View / Update your response’ link in the email you received once you have completed the questionnaire. The response ID will look something like this:- #600000)
- Please note you will only receive an email if you have logged in/registered an account. If you do not have an account please provide the date and time you completed the questionnaire.
The closing date for comments is the 24th December 2018
This consultation has now closed, feedback on the consultation is now available.
30 Nov 2018 at 00:00
24 Dec 2018 at 23:59
28 Feb 2019
Summary of Results
|Consultation Topic||Local highways and transportation projects|
|Geographical area||Almondsbury, Pilning and Severn Beach|
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
|Target Audience||All residents|
If you have any questions regarding the scheme, please contact:
South Gloucestershire Council,
Tel: 01454 868004