Healthy Lifestyles and Wellbeing Service
Healthy lifestyles and wellbeing service consultation
Our proposal for a new service:
Currently, services designed to help people lead healthier lifestyles tend to work in isolation, addressing behaviours such as diet, physical activity and smoking separately, when in reality different aspects of our lifestyle are linked to or affect each other.
Our vision is for an integrated Healthy Lifestyle and Wellbeing service that supports people to improve their health by modifying the five leading risk factors that contribute to early death and reduced quality of life in South Gloucestershire: tobacco smoking, alcohol use, poor diet, physical inactivity, and poor emotional and mental health. By integrated we mean services that are closely linked together and operate as one service.
More details on how we plan to create this integrated service can be found in our Consultation Document , and we are keen to hear views from a wide range of residents, professionals and organisations on how you view our plans for the service, and what we could do to ensure we are providing an effective healthy lifestyle and wellbeing service.
The consultation is open from Monday 4th June and closes on Sunday 15th July 2018. Your feedback will inform our final model for delivering these services.
How to find out more and have your say:
- Download and view the Consultation Document which gives more information on our proposed changes
- Download the Initial Equalities Impact Assessment and Analysis to see how the new service model could affect different groups.
- Complete the Online survey
- Download and print a paper version of the survey, or ask for a copy from your local library, and return to the Freepost address below - no stamp necessary
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01454 868154
- Write to: Freepost, RTXL-YJXJ-BXEX South Gloucestershire Council, Corporate Research & Consultation Team, Council offices, Badminton Road, Yate, BRISTOL, BS37 5AF
- Attend one of our drop-in sessions to hear more about the proposed new service. These are being held on:
- 20th June from 10am -12 midday at Yate Shopping Centre
- 14th June from 10am -12 midday at Kings Chase Shopping Centre
- 28th June from 2pm -4 pm at Willow Brook Shopping Centre
4 Jun 2018 at 10:00
15 Jul 2018 at 23:59
- Response Published
Appendix with data supporting the Initial Equalities Impact Assessment and Analysis
Initial Equalities Impact Assessment and Analysis
Find out how different groups with protected characteristics could be affected by the proposed changes
PDF of Paper questionnaire
A hard copy of our survey which can be posted to us
|Consultation Topic||Health services and facilities, Mental health|
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.