Changes to Healthwatch for 2019
Healthwatch South Gloucestershire acts as a consumer champion for the patients and the public of South Gloucestershire. The service hears the views of the local population and promotes the views to the relevant decision makers.
Healthwatch was created by Part 5 of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. There is a national body, Healthwatch England, and a local organisation for each local council in England with social care responsibilities, which is local Healthwatch, or in our area Healthwatch South Gloucestershire.
You can find out more about Healthwatch by viewing their reports at: https://healthwatchsouthglos.co.uk/about-us/meetings-and-reports/
Due to increasing demands on Council budgets, from April 2019 the Council is proposing to reduce Healthwatch South Gloucestershire funding by approximately 50% and jointly commission the service in partnership with Bristol City Council, and potentially North Somerset Council. This proposal is being considered as there is potential to prevent funding reductions to other services where a greater negative impact on individuals may be experienced.
The public consultation on these changes is open from 30th April 2018 until 23rd July 2018
How to find out more and have your say:
- View or download our consultation document for more information
- View or download the Initial Equalities Impact Assessment
- Complete our online survey
- Complete a paper survey; download and print a copy from our website or ask for one from your local library or One Stop Shop. Hand in your completed survey to a library or post it to us for free – no stamp required – at the address below.
- Telephone: 01454 862356 to talk to us or leave a message
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to us: Freepost RTXL-YJXJ-BXEX, South Gloucestershire Council, Corporate Research & Consultation Team, Council offices, Badminton Road, Yate, BRISTOL, BS37 5AF
- We will are planning to visit GP surgeries to talk to patients but we won’t advertise this as we don’t want to bring anyone into a GP surgery apart from those who need to see a GP. This is just our way of making sure we get to as many people as possible. So if you see us, please come and talk to us but if not, please use one of the other ways of telling us what you think.
|Name||Changes to Healthwatch for 2019|
|Dates||From 30 Apr 2018 at 17:00 to 23 Jul 2018 at 23:59.|
|Consultation Topic||Health services and facilities|
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.