"Next steps in delivering More Housing,More Choice-Affordable, Sustainable and Better Quality"
The South Gloucestershire Housing Strategy 2008-13 is being refreshed and we would like to hear your views.
In 2008, South Gloucestershire Council launched its new Housing Strategy with the vision 'More Housing, More Choice-Affordable, Sustainable & Better Quality' (read online at: Housing Strategy 2008 - 2013 launch - South Gloucestershire Council ).
The overall aim of the Housing Strategy is to create a clear action plan to tackle the major local housing issues that have been both identified and prioritised by the people of South Gloucestershire. In the last 18 months many of the original targets have been achieved, such as...
• Delivering 'Home Choice' - the choice based lettings service
• Exceeding the most recent target for delivering new Affordable Homes
• Helping vulnerable residents with low cost repairs via the Handy Van Scheme
• Enabling energy efficiency improvements in over 500 homes each year
• Bringing back 315 empty homes back into use
• Helping with over 500 adaptations so that residents can continue to live at home
These achievements are summarised in our Annual Review (read online at: Housing Strategy December 2009 review - South Gloucestershire Council )
We are now contacting you again to ask:
- if you feel that the original priorities are still the most important things we should be considering
- if there are other housing issues which we need to take account of
- what your views are on a new priority that we would like to add
Alternatively, you can contact Sabrina McAndrew on: 01454 868270 or Julie Stephens on: 01454 864451 or fax: 01454 865978.
You can also write to us with your comments at: South Gloucestershire Community Care & Housing Department, St Lukes Close, Emersons Way, Emersons Green, South Gloucestershire, BS16 7AL
Following this consultation, a refreshed Action Plan will be developed and it will be available at the start of 2011.
This consultation has now closed and our consultation report is now available.
7 Jun 2010 at 00:00
30 Aug 2010 at 23:59
31 Jan 2011
Summary of Results
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
If you have any questions, please contact: Sabrina McAndrew/Julie Stephens, South Gloucestershire Council,Community Care and Housing Department,St Lukes Close,Emersons Way, Emersons Green,South Gloucestershire, BS16 7AL
Tel: 01454 868270/864451 or fax: 01454 865978
(or leave an answer machine message on our 24 hour number: 01454 862356)
All council documents are available on our website: www.southglos.gov.uk