OLD SODBURY - A432 Badminton Road - Proposed 30mph speed limit
The Frome Vale Area Forum have funded a scheme in the 2014/15 Local Transport Capital Programme to introduce a 30mph speed limit on the A432 Badminton Road, Old Sodbury.
The purpose of the scheme is to:
- reduce the speed of vehicles through Old Sodbury village.
- reduce disconnection of the two halves of the village.
- improve safety for pedestrians.
- improve safety for vehicles at junctions.
The proposed scheme is to:
- introduce a 30mph speed limit on the A432 Badminton Road in Old Sodbury and at the junction with Commonmead Lane.
- install the sign assemblies required to implement the proposed 30mph speed limit (30mph repeater signs can not be placed on the length of the A432 Badminton Road with street lighting).
- install 30mph speed limit roundel road markings.
- remove existing 40mph speed limit signing and roundel road markings.
Subject to the comments received at consultation and public advertisement, the proposals will be implemented during the 2014-15 financial year.
Please view the statement of reasons and the drawings (T428-278-01 shows the extents of the proposed 30mph speed limit, T428-278-02 shows the existing 40mph speed limit signing and road markings that will be removed and T428-278-03 shows the signing and road markings for the proposed 30mph speed limit) before responding to the consultation.
You can respond to this consultation by emailing your comments to: email@example.com
Or in writing to: FREEPOST Plus RTCT-JXLE-EET, South Gloucestershire Council, Old Sodbury 30mph, Design & Operations Team, Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood, BRISTOL BS15 9TR
Please make your comments by Friday 19th September 2014.
This consultation has now closed, feedback on the consultation is now available.
29 Aug 2014 at 00:00
19 Sep 2014 at 23:59
04 Dec 2014
Summary of Results
Consultation Feedback Report
Report detailing the responses received to the public consultation along with officer comments and details of how this scheme will proceed.
|Consultation Topic||Local highways and transportation projects|
|Geographical area||Cotswold Edge|
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
If you have any questions or would like to make any comments, please contact:
South Gloucestershire Council,
Tel: 01454 868004