NORTH COMMON and OLDLAND COMMON - Various Roads - Proposed Amendments to Waiting Restrictions - STATUTORY NOTICE
South Gloucestershire Council proposes to make an order –
- prohibiting vehicles waiting at any time in parts of ALBANY WAY, BATH ROAD, North Common, BERENDA DRIVE, BROOKFIELD WALK, BROOKLEA, CALIFORNIA ROAD, CHILTERN CLOSE, CLOVERLEA ROAD, COOMBES WAY, COURT ROAD, COWHORN HILL, FALLOWFIELD, GRAMPIAN CLOSE, HANDFORD WAY, HAWKINS CLOSE, HENFIELD CRESCENT, HIGH STREET, Oldland Common, MALVERN DRIVE, MAPLE CLOSE, MEADOWCOURT DRIVE, MILL LANE, MILLBROOK CLOSE, MILLERS DRIVE, NICHOLETTES, NOBLE AVENUE, NORTH STREET, ORCHARD BOULEVARD, PENNINE ROAD, POPLAR ROAD, PULLIN COURT, REDFIELD HILL, SCHOOL ROAD, STANLEY GARDENS, THE DELL, THE KEEP, TUDOR CLOSE, WEST STREET, WESTCOURT DRIVE and WINDEMERE WAY;
- limiting vehicles waiting between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm, Monday to Sunday, to a maximum of 20 minutes, no return within 40 minutes in a length of VICTORIA ROAD, North Common; and
- limiting vehicles waiting at any time to a maximum of 1 hour, no return within 2 hours in a length of HIGH STREET, Oldland Common.
Full details of the proposal, together with a plan, a statement of the Council's reasons for making the order, a copy of the draft order, and any order(s) to be varied or revoked have been deposited at Cadbury Heath Public Library where they may be inspected, free of charge, during normal library opening hours.
The statutory period for representation has closed.
The Director of Environment, Planning and Community Services, acting under delegated authority, considered the objections and comments received in response to the advertisement of the above proposed traffic order. After carefully considering these objections together with the comments, Decision ECS40/2018 decision was taken on 25 October 2018:
- Both the local member and officers see value in progressing the proposed waiting restrictions. It is therefore recommended that the proposed waiting restrictions in Oldland Common should be implemented as advertised.
- That the Head of Legal Governance and Democratic Services be authorised to seal the Traffic Regulation Orders.
- That the objectors are informed accordingly.”
Decision ECS40/2018 relating to this matter may be viewed in the documents section hereto.
The order is to be made on 12 November 2018 and will become operative on 30 November 2018. A public notice will appear in the local Press shortly after the order as made.
29 Aug 2018 at 00:00
22 Sep 2018 at 23:59
06 Nov 2018
Overview Plan showing extent of proposals
T306-425-009 - Plan 1 - Existing
Existing Measures - Plan 1
T306-425-018 - Plan 1 - Proposed
Proposed measures - Plan 1
T306-425-010 - Plan 2 - Existing
Existing Measures - Plan 2
T306-425-019 - Plan 2 - Proposed
Proposed Measures - Plan 2
T306-425-011 - Plan 3 - Existing
Existing measures - Plan 3
T306-425-020 - Plan 3 - Proposed
Proposed measures - Plan 3
T306-425-012 - Plan 4 - Existing
Existing measures - Plan 4
T306-425-021 - Plan 4 - Proposed
Proposed measures - Plan 4
T306-425-013 - Plan 5 - Existing
Existing Measures - Plan 5
T306-425-022 - Plan 5 - Proposed
Proposed measures - Plan 5
T306-425-014 - Plan 6 - Existing
Existing measures - Plan 6
T306-425-023 - Plan 6 - Proposed
Proposed measures - Plan 6
T306-425-015 - Plan 7 - Existing
Existing measures - Plan 7
T306-425-024 - Plan 7 - Proposed
Proposed measures - Plan 7
T306-425-016 - Plan 8 - Existing
Existing measures - Plan 8
T306-425-025 - Plan 8 - Proposed
Proposed measures - Plan 8
T306-425-017 - Plan 9 - Existing
Existing measures - Plan 9
T306-425-026 - Plan 9 - Proposed
Proposed measures - Plan 9
|Consultation Topic||Local highways and transportation projects, Transportation planning & policy|
|Geographical area||Oldland Common, Parkwall, Siston|
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
|Target Audience||All residents, General public|
Dean Shepherd, Senior Legal Officer South Gloucestershire Council, CECR, PO Box 1953, Bristol BS37 0DB Tel: 01454 863040 Fax: 01454 862609 E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote Reference L3/STOP/PT.6003. Please state clearly that you are objecting.
The reasons for these proposals are contained in the Council’s Statement of Reasons. However if you have any questions relating to technical aspects of this proposal, please contact James Shearman, Traffic Engineer, Street Care and Transportation Services, Environment and Community Services on 01454 864215.