KINGSWOOD – Various Roads, Woodstock Ward – Proposed Permit Parking Places, Disabled Persons’ Parking Places and Waiting Restrictions – STATUTORY NOTICE
The Council proposes to make an order –
- introducing permit parking places in Bright Street, Derrick Road, Hanham Road, Laurel Street, Moravian Road and Wood Road, Kingswood;
- introducing some disabled parking places in Derrick Road, Laurel Street, and Wood Road, Kingswood
- prohibiting vehicles waiting at any time in lengths of Beverstone, Cabot Close, Lansdown View, Lavers Close and Worthy Close, Kingswood; and
- amending the waiting restrictions in the lengths of Barter Close, Bellevue Road, Blackhorse Road, Bright Street, Britannia Road, Cecil Road, Claypool Road, Cock Road, Coronation Road, Counterpool Road, Court Road, Courtney Road, Derrick Road (including the Car Park access road), Footshill Road, Forest Road, Gages Road, Grimsbury Road, Halls Road, Hanham Road, Hollow Road, Hopps Road, Lansdown View, Laurel Street, Macdonald Walk, Moravian Road, Mount Hill Road, Oakfield Road, Orchard Road, Orchard Vale, Owls Head Road, Poplar Terrace, Potterswood Close, Pillingers Road, School Road, South Road, The Orchards, The Wynstones, Waters Road, West Street, Wood Road, Woodside Road and Woodstock Road, Kingswood;
Full details of the proposal, together with a plan, a statement of the Council's reasons for making the order, a copy of the draft order, and any order(s) to be varied or revoked have been deposited and may be inspected, free of charge at Kingswood Public Library during normal library opening hours and at Kingswood One Stop Shop during office hours.
The statutory period for representation has closed.
The Director of Environment, Planning and Community Services, acting under delegated authority, considered the objections and comments received in response to the advertisement of the above proposed traffic order. After carefully considering these objections together with the comments, Decision ECS38/2019 decision was taken on 1 October 2019:
“1. Both the local members and officers see value in progressing the proposed residents parking and waiting restrictions. It is therefore recommended that the proposed residents parking and review waiting restrictions in Kingswood & Woodstock Wards should be implemented as advertised.
- That the Head of Legal Governance and Democratic Services be authorised to seal the Traffic Regulation Orders.
- That the objectors are informed accordingly. “
Decision ECS38/2019 relating to this matter may be viewed in the documents section below.
The order is to be made shortly and will become operative on 20 January 2020. A public notice will appear in the local Press shortly after the order as made.
24 Jul 2019 at 00:00
19 Aug 2019 at 23:59
06 Nov 2019
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
Dean Shepherd, Senior Legal Officer South Gloucestershire Council, CECR, PO Box 1953, Bristol BS37 0DB Tel: 01454 863040 Fax: 01454 862609 E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote Reference L3/STOP/PT.6152. Please state clearly that you are objecting.
The reasons for these proposals are contained in the Council’s Statement of Reasons. However if you have any questions relating to technical aspects of this proposal, please contact Joshua Terry, Traffic Engineer, Street Care and Transportation Services, Environment and Community Services on 01454 863958.