Waste Supplementary Planning Document 2019
South Gloucestershire Council’s waste strategy seeks the significant reduction of waste to landfill, with great emphasis upon reducing household waste and increasing the proportion that is either recycled or composted. The waste supplementary planning document (SPD) seeks to clarify and elaborate on details of policies laid out in South Gloucestershire's Local Plan.
Aims of the SPD
The aims of the SPD are to:
- Offer guidance to developers on how to ensure space for waste management is integral to the designs of all buildings and that vehicle access is suitable for South Gloucestershire Council’s contractor’s fleet.
- Embed consideration of the management of waste prior to construction into the planning process.
- Ensure that waste management in new developments does not adversely affect the quality of life for residents and other users of the space.
If developers use the guidance in the SPD waste management will not adversely impact upon users of developments. Use of this guidance at the earliest stage will avoid circumstances which the council sometimes encounters where a development is constructed with inadequate waste storage solutions. In these circumstances the quality of life for residents suffers and it is far more difficult to introduce and encourage participation in established recycling schemes.
Purpose of this consultation
This public consultation intends to set out the issues which have historically caused difficulties for waste management in South Gloucestershire along with the approaches that the council proposes to address them. The issues include vehicle access, waste storage, planning applications, and collection for residential developments, commercial developments and mixed-use developments.
Responses to the proposals in this consultation document will inform the final version of the SPD
How to find out more and have your say
- Download the SPD
- Read the Initial Equalities Impact Assessment
- Complete our online survey
- Download a paper copy of the survey to print and post to us (paper copies can also be picked up and handed in at any Library or One Stop Shop)
- Telephone 01454 868154
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: South Gloucestershire Council, Corporate Research & Consultation Team, Council offices, Badminton Road, Yate, BRISTOL, BS37 5AF
This consultation has now closed and we are analysing the results, which will be published here in due course.
24 Jun 2019 at 17:00
4 Aug 2019 at 23:59
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.