PUCKLECHURCH - B4465 Westerleigh Road speed table
The B4465 Westerleigh Road provides a link from the A4174 ring road and A420 to Yate for local traffic. There is a 7.5t weight restriction in place that reduces heavy goods traffic to a minimum.
Difficulty crossing this road at busy times has been raised as an issue with the parish council and in turn there have been requests to South Gloucestershire Council as highway authority to put in place measures that will help.
Pucklechurch parish council were presented the results of an investigation into the potential for a formal crossing of Westerleigh Road in Pucklechurch at a meeting in November 2016.
At the meeting, where the benefits of a zebra crossing and other measures were discussed, support was shown for a speed table located with an informal crossing point as the most appropriate solution.
A relatively low pedestrian crossing demand outside of peak periods, along with some higher recorded vehicle speeds do not reflect the circumstances suitable for a zebra crossing site.
Providing a speed table will bring lower and more consistent traffic speeds and also alter the balance from vehicle dominance back towards the pedestrian in this part of the village.
The result would be to make journeys on foot to local amenities and the school feel safer and as a consequence encourage more walking by a wider section of the community.
Support shown for the scheme has led to an implementation scheme being promoted to the councils 2018/19 capital programme.
Aims of the scheme:
- To provide an easier to use crossing point on Westerleigh Road, for the benefit of the mobility impaired and pupils of the primary school located on Castle Road.
- To support local and national policy in promotion of active travel through cycling and walking, with more numerous and attractive facilities.
- To reduce instances of speeding through the village.
The proposed scheme is to:
- Install a speed table (road hump).
- Install an accessible crossing point that utilises the speed table.
- Provide the appropriate warning signs for the speed table and accessible crossing.
Please see the consultation documents/drawings for more information.
The drawings showing the proposals are available in the consultation documents section below.
To tell us your views you can: Respond to the Questionnaire
Responses to the consultation will not be accepted in any other format.
Please view both the Statement of Reasons and the Proposal Drawings before answering the questionnaire.
- We advise that you login/register for an account before completing the online questionnaire.
- If you have registered an account/logged in, and you have completed the online questionnaire you will receive an email confirming that we have received your response. The email will contain a link so that you can go back and view or edit the response you have submitted. Once the consultation closes you will not be able to edit your response, but you will still be able to view it.
- If you have chosen not to register an account then you will not receive any confirmation when you submit your response.
- If you do not have an account you will not receive any information on whether we have received your response, you will not be able to edit your response either.
Responses are only accepted in the form of the questionnaire, however if you have any questions you can email the address provided below:
Email: Transport Services
- Please note that any email correspondence received will not be considered as a response to the consultation and will not be included in the results published in the feedback report.
- If you have already completed the questionnaire please state your response ID (which can be found by following the ‘View / Update your response’ link in the email you received once you have completed the questionnaire. The response ID will look something like this:- #600000)
- Please note you will only receive an email if you have logged in/registered an account. If you do not have an account please provide the date and time you completed the questionnaire.
The closing date for comments is the 22nd March 2019
Please register in order to respond to this consultation.
Please review the consultation document(s)
If you have any comments to make about these proposals, please fill in the questionnaire which contains a section for that purpose.
A feedback statement will be published here in due course describing the next steps and summarising all the responses.
25 Feb 2019 at 17:00
22 Mar 2019 at 23:59
Response to be published
T425-128 Statement of reasons
|Consultation Topic||Local highways and transportation projects|
|Geographical area||Boyd Valley|
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme, please contact:
South Gloucestershire Council,
Tel: 01454 868004