STOKE LODGE & STOKE GIFFORD - Stoke Lane and Little Stoke Lane Traffic Calming & 20mph Zone
Funding has been made available for a number of schemes that will assist walking and cycling to schools. The funding is supporting a proposal for additional traffic calming measures on Stoke Lane and Little Stoke Lane that will help to reduce speeds and improve road safety particularly for school children walking from Patchway Community School, Holy Family School, St Chads Patchway CE Primary School, Stoke Lodge Infants & Junior Schools and Little Stoke School Primary. Stoke Lane is currently subject to a 30mph road with some traffic calming features. Little Stoke Road is mostly subject to a 20mph speed limit with a small section of 30mph with traffic calming features already installed near the school.
Purpose of the scheme
The purpose of the scheme is to reduce speeds on Stoke Lane, Little Stoke Lane and various side roads with the introduction of a 20mph zone by the use of traffic calming measures.
It is proposed to implement additional traffic calming measures on the Stoke Lane, Little Stoke Lane and the various side roads. The proposed features are; speed tables, speed cushions, additional speed limit signing and road markings. Furthermore, there is a proposal for a 20mph zone and pedestrian dropped crossings.
- Please see the consultation documents/drawings for more information.
- The drawings showing the proposals are available in the consultation documents section below.
To tell us your views you can: Respond to Questionnaire
Responses to the consultation will not be accepted in any other format.
Please view both the Statement of Reasons and the Proposal Drawing(s) before answering the questionnaire.
- We advise that you login/register for an account before completing the online questionnaire.
- If you have registered an account/logged in, and you have completed the online questionnaire you will receive an email confirming that we have received your response. The email will contain a link so that you can go back and view or edit the response you have submitted. Once the consultation closes you will not be able to edit your response, but you will still be able to view it.
- If you have chosen not to register an account then you will not receive any confirmation when you submit your response.
- If you do not have an account you will not receive any information on whether we have received your response, you will not be able to edit your response either.
Responses are only accepted in the form of the questionnaire, however if you have any questions you can email the address provided below:
Email: Transport Services
- Please note that any email correspondence received will not be considered as a response to the consultation and will not be included in the results published in the feedback report.
- If you have already completed the questionnaire please state your response ID (which can be found by following the ‘View / Update your response’ link in the email you received once you have completed the questionnaire. The response ID will look something like this:- #600000)
- Please note you will only receive an email if you have logged in/registered an account. If you do not have an account please provide the date and time you completed the questionnaire.
The closing date for comments is the 11th June 2019
This consultation has now closed and we are analysing the results.
21 May 2019 at 00:00
14 Jun 2019 at 23:59
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme, please contact:
South Gloucestershire Council,
Tel: 01454 868004