WICKWAR Village Traffic Management Scheme
Section 106 funding has been made available for improvements in Wickwar village. A scheme has been designed to address issues raised in the past by the local Councillor, the Parish Council and residents. The scheme comprises several elements including:
Zebra crossing north of Amberley Way.
Extended 20mph zone through the High Street/Station Road, between Inglestone Road and Chase Lane.
Series of speed tables on High Street/Station Road, between Inglestone Road and Chase Lane.
Pedestrian refuge on High Street in vicinity of the Youth Club.
Waiting restrictions on High Street between Inglestone Road and Back Lane.
Junction improvements at High Street/Back Lane, and High Street/Buthay Lane, to improve visibility.
Footway build-outs at Station Road/The Downs/High Street, to provide safer crossings for pedestrians.
Purpose of the scheme
The scheme is designed to:
- Reduce vehicle speeds through the village.
- Provide safe crossing points where footways end, meaning pedestrians are required to cross the road.
- Restrict parking on the bend in the vicinity of the Youth Club.
- Restrict parking at the junctions of High Street/Back lane and High Street/Buthay Lane, to improve visibility for drivers exiting the side roads.
- Slow traffic on southbound approach to Station Road/The Chase junction, to aid drivers exiting the side road.
- Please see the consultation documents/drawings for more information.
- The drawings showing the proposals are available in the consultation documents section below.
To tell us your views you can: Respond to the Questionnaire
Responses to the consultation will not be accepted in any other format.
Please view both the Statement of Reasons and the Proposal Drawing(s) before answering the questionnaire. (Do not put links in here anymore)
- We advise that you login/register for an account before completing the online questionnaire.
- If you have registered an account/logged in, and you have completed the online questionnaire you will receive an email confirming that we have received your response. The email will contain a link so that you can go back and view or edit the response you have submitted. Once the consultation closes you will not be able to edit your response, but you will still be able to view it.
- If you have chosen not to register an account then you will not receive any confirmation when you submit your response.
- If you do not have an account you will not receive any information on whether we have received your response, you will not be able to edit your response either.
Responses are only accepted in the form of the questionnaire, however if you have any questions you can email the address provided below:
Email: Transport Services
- Please note that any email correspondence received will not be considered as a response to the consultation and will not be included in the results published in the feedback report.
- If you have already completed the questionnaire please state your response ID (which can be found by following the ‘View / Update your response’ link in the email you received once you have completed the questionnaire. The response ID will look something like this:- #600000)
- Please note you will only receive an email if you have logged in/registered an account. If you do not have an account please provide the date and time you completed the questionnaire.
The closing date for comments is the 20th November 2019
This consultation has now closed and we are analysing the results.
29 Oct 2019 at 00:00
20 Nov 2019 at 23:59
Wickwar Village Traffic Management Scheme Consultation Letter
Wickwar Consultation Letter
Wickwar Village Traffic Management Scheme Consultation Notice
Wickwar Consultation Notice
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme, please contact:
South Gloucestershire Council,
Tel: 01454 868004