The use of Woodleaze in Yate as a Young Persons' Housing Scheme.
This consultation is to explore how the former Woodleaze care home in Yate can work as a Young Person’s Housing Scheme.
Subject to planning consent for change of use; South Gloucestershire Council aims to make the housing scheme available to young people in March 2020. In order to meet this deadline, the Council is now seeking local residents' and groups views on how the scheme would work when it is ready, including:
- How Woodleaze can fill a recognised gap in current provision
- How the Council can achieve better outcomes for young people
- Delivering better value for money for the council taxpayer
- Improving the Local Offer for Care Leavers
This consultation is open from Monday 10th December 2018 until Monday 11th March 2019.
How to find out more:
- Read the consultation document
- Read the Initial Equalities Impact Analysis and Assessment to find out which groups with protected characteristics might be affected by any changes
- Read the Cabinet reports on Woodleaze that were considered by the Council’s Cabinet on 24 April 2018 and 3 December 2018 by searching for “council meetings” on our website: http://www.southglos.gov.uk
How to have your say:
- Complete our online survey
- Download a PDF copy of the paper survey, or pick up a paper survey from your local library or One Stop Shop, which can be posted back to us at the address below, or you can ask the library for a Freepost envelope to return the survey without the need for a stamp
- Telephone: 01454 868154
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: South Gloucestershire Council, Corporate Research & Consultation Team, Council offices, Badminton Road, Yate, BRISTOL, BS37 5AF
- Attend the resident and stakeholder engagement drop-in event, where you can hear what we are looking to achieve from the scheme, give your feedback to council officers and ask them any questions you have: 15:30 – 18:30 on Thursday 17th January 2019 at Council Chamber, Poole Court, Yate, BS37 5PP
10 Dec 2018 at 16:00
11 Mar 2019 at 23:59
Response to be published
31 Oct 2019
PDF of Survey
a copy of the survey to print and send to us in the post
|Consultation Topic||Children and young people, Housing issues, Regeneration issues, Social services and social care|
|Geographical area||Yate Central|
|Marking a consultation as relevant to a particular audience indicates that it may be of special relevance to people within that group. It doesn't, however, mean that other groups wont find the consultation of interest - we welcome responses from everybody.
For example, education issues may be of particular interest to Parents & Guardians, and so will be shown to people searching the system for parenting issues, but the views of others (eg: Business, Faith Groups) are also relevant.
|Target Audience||Young people|